April 3, 2008

Boot Camp

So my sister-in-law Terri talked me into going to this boot camp program that lasts 6 weeks. Well this week they had a free week to try out the program and see if it was something that would work for you. So on Monday night Terri, Amber and I headed down for our first night of butt kicking. We did circuit training and I pushed myself pretty good. I was sweating and thinking to myself that I haven't worked this hard since high school sports. It was an hour long and I was proud of myself when I got finished.
Now...not realizing that I had just sent my body into total shock from not working out this hard in like 10 years did some damage! I was so sore on Tuesday that I could barely sit down to use the toilet! WHAT DID I DO TO MYSELF!!! Well I woke up Wednesday and I was more sore than Tuesday so now I'm thinking I CAN'T DO THIS!! I have to be able to function and right now I can barely move. Well Wednesday night was another class and I kept telling myself "work through the pain," you can do it! So I got my kicks on and headed out the door. I was frightened when I walked through the door and then I realized everyone else was as sore as I was. So I decided to push through the work out and honestly about 10 minutes into it I wasn't even sore! I was so proud of myself and I am so excited about this class now. I am for sure going to try to do it atleast 3 days a week maybe 4 if I can get really going! Hopefully I'll be in good shape and back to where I want to be! If anyone else is interested in this let me know! Come join me for some butt kicking!

2 comments:

Moosman Fam said...

Hi! Sounds like fun... I would be interested in some more information! Email me.. Lucytwo94@yahoo.com

Anda said...

Boot camp huh! Sounds tough! I have made a pact to myself that I would go to the gym, and it is totally killing me!! Too bad we didn't see each other a couple weeks ago, I know how busy things get though, so we will have to get together next time we are up in SL! Miss you and good luck with the butt kicking, it will pay off!